Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Testimony of the Book of Mormon

This has been the first time I have read threw the book all the way, I would try to read it but I always stop around the time I got to Alma
As I'm preparing for my mission I know I need to read it and understand and teach from it as much as I can, so I started in the fall and wanted to be done with reading it before the new year.

I was going good and then.. days went by without reading it I would read for couple of days and then just stop for a week or two then read, then stop and so on, I got way behind to the point of asking myself
"Do I want to finish before the end of the year?"
Yes, I wanted to read it before the end of the year, I wanted to gain my own testimony of the book, so last week I told myself I will read 50 pages per day.

I read the 50 pages in one sitting, I didn't know how much time it would take me in the day to read the 50 pages. Yesterday I looked at the clock, I started reading at 7:30pm, I got done with the 50 pages at 11:40pm... with having dyslexic it is harder for me, I would read and mix up words that weren't even there, if I didn't mix up the words then I just didn't understand what I had just read I went back two or three verse or even more and re-read what I have already read, doing that every so often it takes time but I wanted to read 50 pages per day.

Friday and Saturday were amazing, I read out loud to myself and I wasn't stuttering a whole lot, barely anything, reading out loud at least for me I learned more, at some parts of the Book Of Mormon my voice began to get emotional, as I read on during Friday and Saturday I was prompted from the Holy Ghost to mark some verses so I'll be able to go back and re-read them

3rd Nephi 12:15-16: Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefor let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

To me that really stood out, we need to be the light, we need to be the example to others, we are their light, let us shine forth!

3rd Nephi 15:9: Behold, I am the law, and the light, Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life

How can I put it any clearer, we endure to the end and we will have eternal life, I loved this and how much I felt I needed to mark it for some reason.

Now go to chapter 27:16-17 I was prompted to mark this one as well, I know why now
"And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he will endure to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world. And he that endureth not unto the end, the same is he that is also hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence they can no more return, because of the justice of the Father"

We need to repent, if we do not repent we will be cast into the fire of hell and we cannot return from there, repent, repent. be saved, no one is perfect on this earth, we make mistakes but we can repent and become worthy again.

Moroni 7:11-12:
For behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water; neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water; wherefore, a man being a servant of the devil cannot follow Christ; and if he follow Christ he cannot be a servant of the devil. Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and entiecth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually"

The devil wants us on his side, our life's will be miserable, if he has us in his grasp.

Another one I was prompted to mark was Moroni 7:43
"And again, behold I say unto you that he cannot have faith and hope, save he shall be meek, and lowly of heart"
That reminded me of
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light- Matthew 11:28-30"

Christ is meek and lowly in heart, to have faith and hope.. we need to be meek and lowly in heart as-well  let starts now.
As I was reading Moroni chapter 8, more then half of that chapter I took it to heart and thought that what I will be doing on my mission,
 After reading the chapter I had a prompting  to replace the "My beloved son, Moroni" to "My beloved son, Michael"
The  feeling of the spirit... overcame me and it was a feeling I'll never forget.
I'll go back to it many times, and once I get my mission call I'll go back and re-read it, same as when I'm on my mission.

I find it very funny, how the day after I finished  the book of Mormon, I got on a game that I haven't played in for a year and the server I joined,  some people were bashing my religion and the book of Mormon, I fine this funny because Satan will not stop to lead us away from the church, we have to be stronger then he is.

The Book of Mormon is true, I have gain my own testimony of it, this church is the true church. I know that God lives and he sent his beloved son  to die for our sins.
If you are ever having doubts, read the Book of Mormon and pray.


Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it



4 comments:

  1. Finally arrived here at your blog. I'm a follower now so I'll get all of your updates. Your blog is a great read. Very inspiring. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brother Moon!, I really enjoy doing the blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No1 else wil make me believe that the book is true beside the GODHEAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you're comment, I gain my testimony by reading it and asking Heavenly Father, he will really let you know if it's true :-)

    ReplyDelete