Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Holy Ghost

First, I would like to thank everyone who been visiting my blog, it means so much to me.
Also.. the blog entry about Risa... it have reach 50 views in a week, you have no idea how much that means to me.
Thank you and if you haven't already please click on "Follow" and submit you're email to be updated when I post again.




Readers, I would like to talk about the Holy Ghost, why we need to have him in our lives,  and what he will bring into our lives and so on.

The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. He is a personage of spirit, without a body of flesh and bones. He is often referred to as the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of the Lord, or the Comforter.

Why the other members of the Godhead have a body but the Holy Ghost doesn’t?, let turn to  Doctrine and Covenants 130:22 “The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us”


What are the roles of the Holy Ghost:

His a witnesses of the Father and the Son,  check out second Nephi 31:18
He reveals and teaches  the truth of all things, Moroni 10:5.
“And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things”


When we strive to stay on the path that leads to eternal life, the Holy Ghost can and will guide us in our decisions and protect us from physical and spiritual danger.


The Holy Ghost can fill us with hope and perfect love and teach us  the peaceable things of the kingdom


Moroni 8:26 reads “And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.”

He is the Holy Spirit of Promise (see Ephesians 1:13; D&C 132:7, 18–19, 26). In this capacity, He confirms that the priesthood ordinances we have received and the covenants we have made are acceptable to God. This approval depends on our continued faithfulness.

Gifts of the Holy Ghost:

If we’re honest seekers of the truth, we can feel the influence of the Holy Ghost
I have felt the promptings of the Spirit in my life so much, in many ways, a warm feeling in my heart, a still small voice, each time I feel the Spirit in my life, it’s special to me.

the fullness of the blessings given through the Holy Ghost are available only to those who receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and remain worthy.

After a person is baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, one or more Melchizedek Priesthood holders lay their hands on the person's head and, in a sacred priesthood ordinance, confirm him or her a member of the Church. As part of this ordinance, called confirmation, the person is given the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of the Holy Ghost is different then the influence of the Holy Ghost, a person can feel the influence of the Holy Ghost time to time and by feeling the Holy Ghost can receive a testimony of truth After receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, a person has the right to the constant companionship of that member of the Godhead if he or she keeps the commandments.

If we want the Spirit to dwell with us, we need to be worthy members of the Church.

From the “True to the faith” book it says
“Full enjoyment of the gift of the Holy Ghost includes receiving revelation and comfort, serving and blessing others through spiritual gifts, and being sanctified from sin and made fit exaltation in the celestial kingdom. These blessing depend on your worthiness; they come  a little at a time as you are ready for them. As you bring your life in harmony with God’s will, you gradually receive the Holy Ghost in great measure”

President Wilford Woodruff said
“One of the Apostles said to me years ago, “Brother Woodruff, I have prayed for a long time for the Lord to send me the administration  of an angel. I have had a great desire for this, but I have never had my prayers answered.” “I said to him that if he were to pray a thousand years to the God of Israel for that gift, it would not be granted, unless the Lord had a motive in sending an angel to him. I told him the Lord never did nor never will send an angel to anybody merely to gratify the desire of the individual to see an angel. If the Lord sends an angel to anyone, he sends him to perform a work that can be performed only by the administration of an angel… Now, I have always said, that I want to say it to you, that the Holy Ghost is what every Saint of God needs. It is far more important that a man should have that gift then he should have the ministration of an angel”

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that my Heavenly Father hears and answer my prayers, I know that the Holy Ghost have dwelled  in me to guide and watch over me.
I know this is the true Church, and I’m so grateful to be In it.

1 comment:

  1. Michael, I love reading your blogs. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete