Monday, October 17, 2011

Trek-The Rescue Through Christ

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light- Matthew 11:28-30



As I met my trek family I was glad I knew at least someone in it
When we started to trek all was well for me, just the path seem forever when you try looking up and see companies way ahead of you and they weren't even done trekking for the day
As we stop for lunch, there was an reenactment.. something the man said made me realize deep down how hard the  pioneers went threw.. "I was only allow to have 17 pounds of supplies to bring with me, do you know how much 17 pounds is?, that's my set of scriptures, a violin and a change of clothes"
When I heard this.. I tired not to cry thinking of how hard they went threw, I had never really thought of it to much.

When we got to our camp site later that day.. I was so exhausted and my feet were in so much pain, I pulled off my shoes and saw a couple of blisters.. I went to get them bandaged up, I told my family about it and the next day we took some more stops for my feet.. I felt like I was a burden to my family

If I wasn't pushing the handcart I would fall behind of my family because I would take fewer steps the pain was just so much... when I was pushing the handcart I tired to think of how pioneers had done it, and that  helped  with the pain somewhat
When we stop for lunch for the 2nd day, it was a nice rest.. but when it was time to start trekking after 30mins... I just couldn't I was in pain by just standing up, when I was helping  gather  our supplies to put in our handcart I told my Pa that I was sorry but I cannot finish the last couple of miles for today, I stopped  the tears before they came.. I didn't want anyone to see me like this...
I was then driven to base camp, the whole time I looked out the window of the truck... my hat down so no one could see me... I was to ashamed with myself.
Before leaving to head up to camp with the cooks, I helped clean the buckets that lunch was in.. I felt good for helping them.

Later in the evening, there was a program leading up to getting a letter from home from your parents.. mine was by my mom and I loved every bit of it.. it almost made me cry while I read it... tonight while I read it tonight it did made me cry.. and I love it even more..
That night when I got in my tent to sleep... I begged, I pleaded with my Father in Heaven, I told him I need the strength to finish the trek in the morning, I could not finish it on my own.. with tears in my eyes for the first time at trek.. I finished my prayer, asking and pleading for him to watch over the women in my company, that they would be able to do the women pull in the morning, without much difficultly..

When I woke up the next day.. I could hardly stand up in my tent without falling.. I took my bucket and walk towards the medical tent where they bandage my feet.. a priest from my ward saw me walking and took my bucket we walked to the medical tent together.. once there he took my meal supplies and went and got my breakfast for me.. the person bandaging up my feet is an Brother from my ward, I was glad he was working on my feet, we talked about how trek been going so far

It was then time for my company to start trekking we were the first to start that day.. my feet were still in pain, once we were a half of a mile into trekking the pain went away and did so for a long time, I was able to keep up with my family this time
Once we got to the women pull... all the young men went ahead of them to the top of the hill.. where we had a short lesson, while trekking up the hill I talked to my Pa and someone else who was walking with us.. I said "Why can't the men help the women?" the man said to me "Why?, you feel sorry for them and want to help them?" I said yes..  the man said "Good, you're suppose to feel that way" and he smiled. it was hard not to cry again here..
Once they got to the top the young men were allow to help push the rest of the way, once my company got there I started to push along with them

We all rest for a little bit then we had the chance of taking off our shoes and wearing potatoes sacks to get a feel of what the pioneers had to go threw, I was taking mine off and my Ma, some trek sisters and others were worried for me, even my own sister from my company.. but I did it for the half of a mile, I fell behind of course walking on the dirt with rocks and no shoes with blisters.

After lunch we headed onward!, onward every onward, now I began to fall behind, my feet were in pain from the blisters yet again.. when I fell behind my family yelled my name and I started to run to them, passing other families in my company, me and my Pa running to catch up.. our family stop for me.. this happened a couple more times and each time it did more and more people would shout and cheer me on.. it felt amazing to do that, once we got to eye view to Zion I took my family flag, waved it high in the air and we all ran into Zion!
Later that evening we had testimony meetings as a company... such a powerful meeting it was, I got up bored my testimony, on prayer and I testify of it.. my old stake  1st or 2nd counselor  (My stake slip last year) thanked me for sharing my testimony... I really enjoy that night. I'm glad I went on trek.. was a testimony builder for me, every single time I looked down at my bandaged feet.. I thought of the pioneers and the frostbit they suffer threw.
Readers, endure to the end, stay strong in the gospel and you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment