Thursday, January 12, 2012

Update and goals

Hey readers, sorry for not posting for awhile, I have been trying out something new, going to bed at 9 or 10 (10 being the latest), waking up at 6 or 7 and work out for one or two hours, have breakfast, school, and then one or two more hours of working out in the day, making a total of three or four hours.

I was 8 pounds away from breaking 20lbs before the new years came (I was going good with Christmas), but I gain some pounds back,  but their leaving now.. By the end of this month I'll pass 20lbs in total.
Clothes are still fitting better, it's all going good just a bit slow right now because of the holiday.
In each month I'm hoping to lose 25-30lbs, will it be hard?, yes.. but life is hard and this is part of life for me, I love hearing from people saying "Everytime I see you, you're clothes are getting looser" comments like that is what keeps me going at times when working out I just dread it and want to give up.

Now for my goals I have came up with before leaving on my mission in the fall.

I will be studying the Book of Mormon, I have read it once (You can read about that in my blog entry of my testimony of the BoM)
I'll be studying the Bible more too.
Reading and studying all the subjects in "Mormon Doctrine" which is by Bruce R. Mcconkie
Reading and studying all the subjects from "True to the faith"
With everything I'm going to be studying and so on, I'll be keeping  journal(s), write down my thoughts and promptings from the Holy Ghost.
Applying the booklet "Duty to God"
Reading  "Preach my Gospel" coming up with lessons from there, learning as much as I can.
I been reading the book "Miracle of forgiveness" which is by  Spencer W. Kimball
It's an amazing book and I recommend reading it
My last goal I have came up with is, hanging out with my brother, and studying with him,  reading scriptures with and and praying, I want to be an example to my younger brother, even tho Nephi was younger then Sam, I want to be an example to my brother as Nephi was to Sam.
First Nephi 2:17
 "And I spake unto Sam, making known unto him the things which the Lord had manifested unto me by his Holy Spirit. And it came to pass that he believed in my words."

Studying and using my journals will take time, but read Doctrine and Covenants 19:23
"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me"
I want to walk in his meekness, I want to have peace inside of me,

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light- Matthew 11:28-30
Brothers and Sisters, come unto God and he will give you rest, learn of him and we shall have rest in our souls.

On the back of the Duty to God booklet it says "Behold, thou art my son;... and I have a work for thee" Moses 1:4,6"
I am a son of God... we are all children of our Heavenly Father, remember that forever and ever.
I want to be the best missionary as I can when I enter into the MTC, and then grow and learn more over the two years and apply that  threw out my life.

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment