Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bullying Stop It


A couple of weeks ago, I read a story from the website LDS Living, here's the article
The article is about a young boy who was bullied at school first by one guy, but later found out the same guy was also in his ward, the bullying kept on going, the kid who was being bullied made some non-member friends and would invite them to go to scouts, the bullies would then pick on his friends as well, calling them gay or faggots.

It says it gotten to the point that because he was getting bullied even more by having these two friends, he had to end his friendship with one of them, who was being picked on the most and then he was left friendless and didn't want to go to scouts anymore.

His dad would see him sitting by himself during opening exercises before priesthood started, his peers wanted nothing to do with him.

He was 14 when he died of suicide.

Questions may come up as to why he didn't told his parents, or church leaders.

I didn't even told my mom what was going on during those years for me. She didn't know of the breaking point I had and when I turned to prayer for help and got my answer, she read it on here, as all of you did.  when I was younger,  a older primary age, about 10-11 I remembered  going to my mom and just wishing, begging, crying that I could be normal, that the kids would want to do anything with me, I was invited to birthday parties and parties in general when the kids were younger and their mothers would help them with the guest list, that all changed when they were old enough to make their own, so I would be in class and hear them talking about parties they all went to. Not parties a friend from school was doing, but parties they had done

The bullies most likely did it when the leaders were not in hear-shock. If I ever become a leader for the young men, I will not let bullying happen. I'll share my own experiences in lessons and so on, I will NOT let it happen.

While still in primary (Quick note, if you don't know what primary is, it's a class that kids from a year old I think?, up to 11 years go in church for an hour, and then 3rd hour they are together in their age groups) I would ask this guy if he wanted to hang out, do a sleep over or whatever, he came up with some excuse about doing a double sleepover with a friend of his on that day, (He said a double sleepover is when you spend two nights instead of one)  but would do one with me later on. it never happened.

I would say I have never been verbally bullied from the people in my Sunday school class, but I do know what it felt like to be rejected, to be the person that nobody wanted any part of. I had thoughts come to me a couple of times, like "Would anyone.. beside my family miss me if I would die one day?" Those are scary thoughts to think, for anyone, especially for a young boy. I would brush them off and never think of those thoughts again.


   I personally do not understand bullying at all... why do people do it?. I'm a firm believer of

I wish everyone would listen to the council from Dieter F. Uchtdorf "This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: Stop it!"

Notice how he said holding grudges. I do not hold any grudges to anyone from my Sunday school class. When I was around 12-13, one of the girls in my class had gotten a cut on her finger, she was saying she needed a band-aid, I guess no one heard her, or cared. so I got up, went out of the classroom to the closest with the cleaning supplies. open the first aid box and got a band-aid, gave it to her, she said "Thanks Michael"

In my patriarchal blessing, it says I have the gift of love of fellowman. so.. yeah hahah, that's pretty cool huh?. There will be two videos in this post, but they are very important videos.



Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it




No comments:

Post a Comment