Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Mother's Day Post

Hey, seeing I only blog on Tuesday, and Mother's day will be in five more days, this post will be about May the 5th, the Rebellion Celebration.. get it, because their rebels?... yeah.. I'll be quite now.

Here's a small part from the verse Alma 56:47 "they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them." then verse 38 says "And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

We do not have a lot of information about the mother's of the stripling warriors. But I would like to see it as this. the mothers taught by example, they taught their sons to be righteous and to have a good relationship with their Heavenly Father. There may of been times when their mothers had to raise their voices. Their sons would want to spend time with their friends, like Almadom, Gidgiddonish, Helamanmon (Yes, I made those names up hah :p)  probably show off who's muscles were bigger, whatever they did back then. Or probably you know.. teenagers guys, would talk about the girls there " if there is anything virtuous, lovely,  we seek after these things." hahha, :p
 Then their mothers would be like.  "ow ow get thee  hence and gather our wheat, least my hail and  mighty storm shall beat upon you" their mothers would say  "Why can't thee be as Nephi as old, and go and do?"

But they were taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them, they even told Helaman what their mothers had said, (Taught them, taught by example) "And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it" Almadom and Gidgiddonish probably realized even more how much their mothers loved them then, when they were away with Helaman, and how thankful they were to have their mothers.

President Gordon B. Hinckley in his talk titled "To The Women Of The Church
He said

"Many of you think you are failures. You feel you cannot do well, that with all of your effort it is not sufficient.
We all feel that way. I feel that way as I speak to you tonight. I long for, I pray for the power and the capacity to lift you, to inspire you, to thank you, to praise you, and to bring a measure of gladness into your hearts.
We all worry about our performance. We all wish we could do better. But unfortunately we do not realize, we do not often see the results that come of what we do."

The mother's of the stripling warriors probably did not see all of what they did for their sons, until they saw them again, and heard what actually happened, that their sons could rehearsed everything they taught them, of words or by examples.
These mothers probably felt like they were failures as well, but look at what the stripling warriors were able to do.

Also from President Hinckley's talk "My children are now all grown. Some are in their 60s. But when they call and I answer the phone, they say, "How are you?" And before I can answer, they ask, Is Mother there?" a load of laughter came from the audience.

I love my mom for everything she does for me, I'm grateful to have her as a mother.


                           Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it




No comments:

Post a Comment