Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My General Conference Challenge For Myself

Conference weekend was amazing, a lot of great talks, I still need to watch some of the morning sessions, I missed parts of them because of work.

I don't know about you guys, but me personally I love Conference weekend, because it's when we can hear messages from the Prophet, the 12 Apostles and other church leaders, why only listen to the new Conference talks two times a year?, and this is why I came up with a "challenge" for myself, listen to a General Conference talk everyday. I know that by doing this I'll grow spiritually. If you, yourself would also like to do this challenge, feel freely to do so.  

That I'll feel peace, that I'll be able to be strong during temptations, that I may be happier, that my relationships and testimonies  with my Heavenly Father and his Beloved Son, Jesus Christ will grow and be firm. That my testimonies of the leaders in this church will be strengthen, I will know with a uttermost surety that they are called of God, to lead and guide us in these days. 

Along with listening to the talks, I will still continue to read my scriptures and to pray daily.
From doing this, my foundation in Christ will be strong and firm. Helaman 5:12

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

The talk which I listened to today was by  Elder James J. Hamula of the Seventy titled The Sacrament and the Atonement it was a wonderful talk, with Easter this past Sunday and what this talk was about, this poem of mine is pretty appropriate.

Come see our savior
sorrowful is his soul
Tarry ye here, and watch with me

"Let this cup pass from me:
nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt"
Red poured down his mighty face
The pain he felt, the blood he bled

The agony he felt, for sins of mankind
Behold!, our beloved elder brother
In pain for our sins

He rose from his prayer
Sadness reach his face
his disciples sleepeth, " could ye not watch with me one hour?"
a second time, he went.

Tears come to me
This is my savior, and his suffering
For my very own sins

My elder brother
Arose, found his disciples heavy eyed
He stared, tears began to fall

He went a third time
His father’s will be done…
My savoir
Went to his disciples
Jesus started to weep

Disciples awoke
From his weeping
Their faces dazed

Continue to sleep, take your rest
The hour has come and Son of God is about to be betrayed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it


1 comment: