Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Good Senior Year

Before I jump into the post, I would like to take a moment and share that today, Tuesday, 31st of March. Is the four year anniversary of my friend Risa who died of cancer, I met her in the summer of 2009 at  EFY, I'll never forget that moment, before you start reading the post for today, please go read the post I did of Risa in 2011. Risa Melody Whitaker she was an amazing person. I don't care if you read the post below or not, but I do care if you go and read the post of Risa, thanks everyone.


A few weeks ago, I did the post titled My First Experience with Mighty Prayer" in it, I shared how things were for me during Sunday School and my breaking point, I also said that during my senior year in high school that things got better,  and that post would be for another day.. so here we go.

My stake was apart of the pilot program for the new curriculum "Come Follow Me" for the youth. I had amazing teachers, Sister and Brother Davidson, they would text us each week to remind us of our "homework" for that week of class. the pass years of Sunday school, I wouldn't talk much in class, I would answer the questions in my head, instead of raising my hand. but during the pilot program I was talking more in class. Teachers weren't just reading straight from the book, but having us youth give discussions in class, It was just what I needed to end my senior year with.

For me to have a good senior year, I had to block people in the class, expect for the few friends I had in class, which I would sit next to and talk to. I know that sounds kind of mean, but I didn't want to repeat what happened a few years ago.

It was during this year when I got the answer during General Conference, and I was able to share my experience with that, it felt really good to tell my class a little bit about Aspergers.

We also had a program/fireside type thing for the Priesthood, it was for the young men who were graduating that year. All of the seniors were asked to come up and take a seat on the stage, they were having a question panel for us.  before the questions started, our stake president was talking about each of the young men who were graduating. when he got to me he said "We have a senior here who have trouble verbally but he has a way with words as he write that touches the heart" something along those lines. It felt really good to hear that.

My senior year was probably one of my best years of being in my Sunday School class,  and I'm really thankful for that.

I wrote this poem a few weeks ago, about charity, I hope you enjoy it

The Savior said, love one another
This is the gift of Charity
In a world where people would rather
judge each other and show no love,
Charity is becoming the unpopularity
Charity is everlasting love
It is, the pure love of Christ
When we love as he did, he smiles above
He has infinite love for us, that he paid the priced.
With Charity, we can endure
Charity is the greatest gift of all
It makes us pure
Hold onto Charity, for all else must surely fall
Look to do good
So we may be partakers of salvation
Because in this life being good, is something we should
We need a strong foundation
Christ said, as I have loved you, love one another
Work towards having this perfect love
Don't let people suffer
But show them love

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it



2 comments:

  1. Another great post Michael...and what a lovely poem on Charity!
    Hope our paths cross one of these days! Ü
    Enjoy General Conference this week end....

    Sister Inglima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!, I'm glad you been liking the posts. I hope so too. Have a great weekend with Conference too!

      Delete