Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Power of Deliverance- L Tom Perry

Seeing General Conference is coming up, this story is pretty appropriate.

This pass Sunday, President Morgan was talking to the branch about  how important it is to come up with a question to ponder about,  that you'll  would like answer during General Conference.

 When he was saying this, the memory came to mind, when I was challenged to come up with a question for General Conference.

During my senior year in high school and in my Sunday school class. My teachers Brother and Sister Daivdson challenged all of us to come up with a question you wanted answer during the conference.

My first thought was "I don't have any questions, I'm not struggling in any Gospel doctrines, my life is fine" Conference came around, I still haven't written anything down that I wanted an answer to, that was actually bothering me  I went through Saturday sessions, Priesthood session, Sunday Morning session. It was still on the top of my mind, throughout this weekend. but I just didn't know what kind of question to come up with.

After the Sunday morning session, I went to my mom for help I asked her what kind of questions do people write down for Conference, after talking to her I came up with a question

                         "Why do I have Asperger's Syndrome?"


As we went to watch the last afternoon session of Conference, I thought that it was already to late, that I missed my chance, but  the first talk, it was it.

The talk was by Elder L. Tom Perry The Power of Deliverance
He open his talk, telling us about his friend name Scott "My young friend has some difficult challenges. They limit him in some ways, but in other ways he is extraordinary. For example, his boldness as a missionary rivals the sons of Mosiah. The simplicity of his beliefs makes his convictions incredibly firm and steady."

As he was saying that, I looked at my mom and she was looking at me, my question was getting answered, I started to listen  more closely

The talk was about the power of deliverance, he shared  two stories from the book of Mosiah  along with stories from the Old Testament. When his talk was done, I was a little confused, the first part of his talk seemed liked it was going to give me my answer,
Once Conference was over I talked to my mom about the talk, during the middle of his talk, it didn't seem like it was about my question, but as I talked to my mom, there were some things in the chapter, which he didn't read in his talk, in chapter 24 of Mosiah verse 15 it reads


 "15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."

Now, even though  soon after they were delivered out of bondage from the Lamanites, This verse was still for me, made light, strengthen, ease, cheerfully, patience.  Asperger's is a life trial that I am stuck with, or "A way of life" it comes down to your attitude, being cheerful or patience, being happy. some-days I don't even think of it, because it doesn't bother me, then other days, I wish I didn't had it, but it makes me a stronger person, it makes me.. well Me.

I'll also throw in this scripture
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light- Matthew 11:28-30"

While I was still talking to my mom about this, the  scripture Ether 12:27 came up  "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

So the question as to why?, well.. it's my weakness, but God will make weak things become strong, "the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease" he'll help me, my burden will be easier to carry, then by myself
Just as Elder L Tom Perry said about his friend "My young friend has some difficult challenges. They limit him in some ways, but in other ways he is extraordinary.

There was a person in my home ward in Pasco, President Naef, some of you may of known him, he was released as a Stake President when I think my family moved to Pasco, but he served in the Temple Presidency, so some of you may know him from there, anyways at some point of being in the ward, after I had given a talk, he came up to me and said whenever he reads Ether 12:27 it always reminds him of me.

So in Sunday school we were asked if we had a question which got answered, I said I had one, Brother Davidson later asked if I could share it and I did so, after I said what my question was, and how it got answered, he said "That must of been a very personal experience for you" I said yes and he went on with saying how he  love that even though  I have challenges in my life and I struggle at times, he said I'm an example to him,  then he started to cry some and he went on with saying that, when his struggling he thinks of me.

I would like to challenge all you to come up with a question for General Conference which will be in two weeks. ponder about it, and see what happens. I know that Heavenly Father knows who we all are. He knows us by name

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it


No comments:

Post a Comment