Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Stay By The Tree- Elder Kevin W. Pearson


Elder Kevin Pearson  gave a talk during this past General Conference Sunday Afternoon session. He talked a lot about enduring to the end, and the whole time I was thinking about my blog and how I can do better in my own personally life. Stay By The Tree I would recommend to go listen to the talk, it was a really good one.

He said "If you are struggling, confused, or spiritually lost, I urge you to do the one thing I know will get you back on track. Begin again to prayerfully study the Book of Mormon and live its teachings every day, every day, every day! I testify of the profound power in the Book of Mormon that will change your life and strengthen your resolve to follow Christ. The Holy Ghost will change your heart and help you see “things as they really are. He will show you what you need to do next."

That is truth. some of you may of already read it, but a few weeks ago I talked about being active in the Church and the Gospel. Since I been reading and praying I have felt better.

I also really liked the part in his talk where he said don't forget to pray.

"We begin with Lehi alone “in a dark and dreary waste.Each of us experiences periods of darkness and loneliness. “When life gets dark and dreary, don’t forget to pray. Follow President Heber J. Grant’s example. Pray for strength to endure to the end. Ask Heavenly Father, “What more would You have me do?”

He quoted a small part from the hymn "Don't forget to pray" that hymn will always be very important to me, it is one of my favorite hymns.

"Enduring to the end is a hallmark of true discipleship and is essential to eternal life. But when trials and challenges come our way, we are often told to simply “hang in there.” Let me be clear: to “hang in there” is not a principle of the gospel. Enduring to the end means constantly coming unto Christ and being perfected in Him."

We must always strive to come unto Christ, I know that if we're going through a hard trial, if we are coming unto Christ, we will feel better, we will have the strength to overcome the trial, even if you feel in total darkness in the time of the trial, look for the light, Christ will be there to lift us up. and that we will  endure to the end. Stay strong, keep following Christ.






                                 Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment