Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Power of the Atonement

Hello readers,
As you can tell by the title, "The Power of the Atonement" I will be sharing my insights from what I have learned, as I been studying on my own and from going to institute.

Christ died for our sins and gave us the Atonement, we should use it.. he did it for us, just remember that
If you were like me, and thought for sometime that you can't use his Atonement, I'm not worthy then you're wrong and I was too. You don't understand the Atonement if you think that. his Atonement is there for us, it's an wonderful gift.

I been reading the book The Miracle of Forgiveness. Which is by Spencer W Kimball, I would recommend all of you to get a copy and start reading, and if you're going threw a hard time with sin or anything, it will help you.
from the book
"Repentance the Only way"
Repentance is ever the key to a better, happier life. All of us need it, whether our sins are the grievous ones or the more commonplace. Through repentance we perceive more clearly the contrasts of Paul's statement: "For wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.: (Rom. 6:23) Through repentance we may "be sanctified from all sin, and enjoy the words of eternal life in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, even immortal glory: (Moses 6:59)
And there is no other way."



 Read the text here The Laborers in the Vineyard

"I do not know who in this vast audience today may need to hear the message of forgiveness inherent in this parable, but however late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines."
What a powerful talk it is, I love General Conference so much
I would also like you guys to check this talk out His Grace is Sufficient
2nd Nephi 25:23 " For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do."
Some people may say "But what is after all we can do?"
Alma 24:11 "And now behold, my brethren, since it has been all that we could do (as we were the most lost of all mankind) to repent of all our sins and the many murders which we have committed, and to get God to take them away from our hearts, for it was all we could do to repent sufficiently before God that he would take away our stain"
After all we can do is repent, use His Atonement and be clean, be changed, be worthy.

God is there for us, he will not let his lost sheep go
2nd Nephi 28:32 "Wo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts."

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment