Sunday, June 10, 2012

Youth Conference 6/9/12

I went to the youth conference this past week, even though I'm 19, I still wanted to go

It started out a bit awkward for me, but a lot of things start out awkward with having Asperger's,
I was just standing by myself, I wasn't sure if the youth from my ward wanted me to join them or not, so I just found a chair where no one was sitting and sat there by myself

Later on we went to classes and it was a lot of fun, my first class was dating, which didn't really have me learn anything new, I'm 19 years old and been on a couple of dates already, I know how to act like a gentleman and so on

But the next class was "Who you really are" It was an amazing class, even though I know I'm a child of God, it was good to feel the spirit in the class and listen to the teacher
then it was a third class on prayer, we listen to this Mormon Message video (I love Mormon Messages so much)

After the classes we played some games, skipping to the parts which stood out to me the most
We then had testimony meeting, it was a very powerful meeting, I love testimony meetings at efy and youth conference, all of the testimonies were great and very powerful, I would like to share a testimony given by a young woman, I do not know her name, or do I know her but her testimony was very powerful

She said this past year she gain a testimony, it didn't come all at once, or was it some big spiritual   experience, like for me, I gain a testimony on prayer from trek which was a big spiritual experience for me, but she said her's came ,  here a little there a little precept upon precept
2nd Nephi 28:30 " For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon aprecept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have."

I know that what she spoke is true, you're testimony doesn't need to come in one big piece, for some it does and for others it's line upon line precept upon precept

I bore my testimony there, I started out with saying I wanted to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover for the first time, I told them of my testimony which I gain by reading the Book of Mormon, I also shared with them that Heavenly Father does know us, he are never forgotten, I recall the time at trek with the blisters and how on the 2nd night I prayed and pleaded  for strength and I  received the  my answer, it was a huge spiritual  experience for me, and I'll never forget it

I would recommend you all to read Alma chapter 32
I know that  by small and simple things are great things brought to pass (Alma 37:6-7)
These small and simple things can be saying our prayers, reading the scriptures, and so on

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment