Monday, April 23, 2012

A good day 4/22/12

This past Sunday was really amazing, I got a phone call from my Bishop on Saturday asking if I could be the youth speaker this week, the subject was on "Why is the temple important to me"

Well comes Sunday here I am, I got their early and President Larson from my stake presidency was there, before sacrament meeting started he came over and we talked a little, he said he was checking my blog this morning

Which I thought was amazing, I love it when people read my blog, I'm happy from the comments I get from people, saying how my blog inspire them.

As I gave my talk, I was stuttering a bit... I could of changed that if I done the tricks I learn from speech therapy, but I don't really do the tricks, cause I'm able to talk to people just fine, but in front of people like giving a talk, I get nervous and start stuttering and once I stutter, I just do it more, well in the middle of my talk I grab a hold of myself and stop stuttering.

Later in the meeting President Naef (who's now a temple worker) gave a talk also, in the beginning he shared a
scripture Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
He said that scriptures reminds him of me,
the whole time I was shocked, I looked around and saw people, I turned to look over at my Sunday school teacher
(Who I talked about in two posts ago, he told me when his struggling and feeling down, he thinks of me) You can find that from here The Power of Deliverance- L. Tom Perry
He was crying, I felt really moved from it all.
When he was done he started his talk, which was very amazing, all of the talks were

After the meeting I stood up along with the other speakers, me and the Bishop shake hands along with some others. the Bishop looked at me (around my stomach area) and said "You been losing the weight" which I really liked too, people can finally notice

As I was walking down the aisle my Sunday school teacher came up to me and said "You are an  inspiration to me" Along with saying my talk was really good

After Sunday school the Bishop told me and Justin (Another priest preparing for his mission)  that their having classes on preparing to go in the temple at 7 o'clock  at a member's house, I went there and I loved the class, I'm going to go back next week, this past Sunday has been amazing.

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it
Contact me at agentm.a.s@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment