Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Comfort Zone

Happy new years everyone hah.. a bit late.

There's only 42 days until my brother is back from his mission so that's exciting, it'd go by pretty fast.

Time goes by fast, like, we're in 2017 already... what? ha,

There's some things I want to work on in 2017, one is to get more articles publish, I have a idea of one right now, I just need to sit down and write it out, also I want to blog more then I did in 2016.

I also want to write more poetry as well, it's hard to find the motivation to write poetry, because I don't really have a good way to share it with people. Especially the spoken word poems, hence the words "Spoken word" those poems are just better spoken and not read on some Facebook status or blog.

Talent shows in the YSA happens maybe twice a year, so I'd need to find some other way to share the spoken words poems. I have one idea which I won't say now, because it's something I would like to do, but I'm on the edge looking down  cause it'd take me out of my comfort zone.

ah comfort zones, how comfortable you are, sometimes you just need to take a leap out of your zone and see what happens. for instants. back in 2015 when I was in the talent show. That was getting out of my comfort zone, I remember the sign up sheet for the show was passed to me and I wrote down my name. after I passed it on, I was excited but was also a bit nervous/scared, and wanted to grab the paper and cross out my name, but I'm glad I didn't.

 I shocked  a lot of people that night ha.. it was a memorable night that I will never forget, like people who I had never met before came up and started talking to me and said how great my performance was. at times when I go to YSA activities than someone is like "Hey!, you're the poet guy" it happened at the Halloween party last year and some other activities.

People were able to see as well that "Hey, this Mike guy is pretty funny" I had a friend say "Forgot poetry, you can be a comedian!" in a jokingly way,  and thus the comedian poet was born.

Getting out of your comfort zone benefits you more vs staying.
I've said this a couple of times, but I want to try talking to more people, that's something big for me with getting out of my comfort zone.

What is something you can do to get out of your comfort zone?



If you haven't seen the video before, or just want to watch it again ;p, here it is.



 You could tell how nervous I was at the beginning. once that first joke was told, I had the stage. haha...

My brother (who's on mission) back in 2015 when I was telling him about the talent show, he said "I think you should switch your talent to freestyle rapping. Your MC name could be "Big Mikey" "Micky Mike" or "Papa M". yea, those sound pretty G.  DO IT."

So watch out people, Papa M will go on tour in 2017. hahaha jk...

No comments:

Post a Comment