Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Satan's Glitter


I work at a craft store, and a lot of times, glitter gets on me and stays there for what feels like an eternity. a few months ago, one day it  was all over my shirt, my arms, my face and even in my hair.

I put Edward Cullen to shame that day.

Glitter is pretty hard to remove as well, just ask any parent who's kid spilled the bottle of glitter on the carpet.

So as I was trying to wash the glitter away, a thought pop in my head.


                                             
                                              Glitter is from Satan

haha not exactly truth, but go with me on this one. it took a good amount of washing and scrubbing to remove some of the glitter, noticed how I said some, I found more later on....

so I compared glitter to sin and to the atonement.

Isaiah 1:18  reads
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Glitter is very noticeable, sin can be very noticeable for ourselves. though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.

No matter how hard I washed and scrubbed, I was able to find more glitter scattered around later
We aren't able to save ourselves from our sins. Christ's Atonement is there to wash it all away, to heal wounds, for new beginnings.

With all this being said, keep in mind, if we see others who has they're own pile of glitter. We shouldn't judge them. I like this quote from Dieter F Uchtdorf

"Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." Let face it, in some way or another, we have all sinned, we all need Christ's Atonement.

As for myself, when I've done something wrong, make a mistake, sin. I feel like it's apart of me, I can see it, it's there. it's as noticeable as glitter. how can I remove it to become clean again?

2nd Nephi 25:26 "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." Christ is our source for our remissions of our sins, to be forgiven.

I also like Alma 41:10 " Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness."

Wickedness was never happiness.


Hymn- I Stand All Amazed
"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.


                          Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment