Tuesday, July 7, 2015

You Are A Inspiration.


                                                   You're an inspiration. 


I've been hearing that a lot lately, my friends say  I'm inspiring their own lives and they say a lot of other people as well.

I think this is pretty... amazing actually. when I was 17, I had a thought come to mind, that I'm here to help people, to be their light, to be their example.. that is what my "mission" in life is.

And throughout the years, I've been realizing how true that is. 

A friend has said "you are a light to everyone who knows you" oh.. crap I'm on fire, does anyone have some water to put the fire out?, hahaha... but really though.

When she told me that, what I thought at first were these two scriptures Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven"

And 3rd Nephi 18:24 "Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed." 

Christ is our main light source, he wants us to shine our own lights, that it may shine unto all the world. 

A couple of weeks ago, when I was done with work, I was thinking to myself how a lot of people are saying how I'm an inspiration etc. I had a small moment of pride, I was thinking how cool I was and all that.. but I quickly caught onto what I was thinking, and made that pride-ish feeling go away. 

I now know how easy it can be for people to become prideful. during that moment I looked up a scripture. (And yeah... I know I'm pretty cool, haha. but I mean like I'm better then other people)

Alma 26:12 " Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I don't boast of myself, I will boast of my God.

My Heavenly Father is the one who is shaping me into the person he wants me to be, he saw what I could become, he gave me challenges in life to overcome. I'm just holding his Son's light, for the world to see. 

                                     We are all inspirations 


I'm not the only one who can/is a inspiration.
Parent's should be inspirations to their kids, they should teach them, help them to grow, lead by examples 
Youth Leaders/Sunday School teachers should be a inspiration, should be an example
You're Bishopric/Branch Presidency should be inspirations/examples 
You're friends should be the same, they should help to lift each other, you and me, everyone need to help lift each other. 

Yes, I understand I've gone and I'm going through some challenges, some life challenges like Aspergers, and how I've accepted it, and can talk about it so freely, and share my experiences about it. That is an inspiration, I will not deny that, because it's true.  

Don't get me wrong, I love it when you guys all say that, that I'm an example/inspiration, because I want to be a motivational speaker, going to youth conferences and speaking just sounds.. amazing, and I'll be so happy if I can get a chance to become a speaker to the youth. (And even the older people within the church, not just youth) 

So, don't stop saying it, haha, but I also want you all to know.. that you are all examples and inspirations to people as well. 
We are all holding Christ's light, some are brighter then others, but you know what?.. if you're light is dimmer then others, you always have a chance to make it shine a little brighter. 
You're friends/leaders who shine their light brighter then yours, look to them as examples, and live the Gospel.. you're dim light will become brighter. 

I really... really appreciate all of your kind words, they mean so much to me, and for sharing my video from the talent show, I uploaded it last week and it already have 200 views on it. I'm just so grateful that people were sharing the video, that it may reach other people, who may needed to hear my poem about the Atonement, or to hear my spoken word poem about growing up with Aspergers, but finding my hidden talent... writing.

 Also know, that Heavenly Father does not give you trials which is to much for you to bear, he will give you tough trials in life... but at the end of those trials, you grow.. you grew into the person He wanted you to be. I can see that in my own life. I just wanted an "Easy Button" to push and get rid of Aspergers, because I thought it was to much for me, but after those years. I now know that he was shaping me into the person he wanted me to be. 

To end the post, know that you are and can be examples and inspirations to people as well. I'm thankful and grateful for every single friend I have today. 

Watch this video as well, it's pretty good, ha  

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

















No comments:

Post a Comment