Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Three Days To Three Months

Three days.... three weeks.... three months

I was in the habit of reading pretty much daily, and even listen to General Conference talks during those days as well. When I was in the habit, I felt great.

I know I'm not the only one who has lost this habit of reading, praying and so forth in their lives.

Be it going through a really tough trial or addiction, that we face, that is when we need to hold onto reading, praying, daily.

I lost track of reading and I would check on my Gospel Library app (For those who don't know, this is an app that has all of the scriptures on it, teaching manuals, hymns, pretty much anything you can think of for the church, you don't even need to be a Mormon to use it, so feel free to go and install it)

I would noticed the last time I read, which was a couple of days, didn't check it for sometime, so that number went into the weeks... and when I saw it again, it started to get into the months and then I saw it at three months.

During this whole time I didn't felt great, I knew what I should of been doing, but I felt like I was not "worthy" to read or pray, but whenever you read, at least for me you feel a lot better, your day just turn into a good day, even if you have some bumps along the way for that day.

scripture time:

2nd Nephi 32:8-9 "And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

 9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."

Satan is good at what he does, he know how to make you feel like you don't matter in the sight of God, or need I say, in the sight of anyone.

He doesn't want you to develop those habits, because he knows if you do, he most likely will not have power over you.

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

I'm going to start reading General Conference talks daily, like what I was doing earlier, because along with reading scriptures and praying, reading a talk daily made me even more happy and gave me more peace,

My recent tab in the app for where I left off with reading, now says "16 hours ago" instead of "3 months ago" so it still means I need to read for today, but having it to 16 hours ago vs 3 months ago is a big improvement. So no matter where you are, go forward and get into those habits again.

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment