Tuesday, July 28, 2015

God's Servants Are Called By Him

I've been thinking about making a post like this, ever since I found out that Elder L Tom Perry had past on.

I haven't always liked listening to General Conference when I was younger, but when I was a teen, I started to listen more and now I love General Conference.

The first time I ever had a question for General Conference, Elder L Tom Perry was the one who answered it, you can read about my experience with it Here

That experienced had impacted me so much that I can still hear his voice saying "My young friend has some difficult challenges. They limit him in some ways, but in other ways he is extraordinary"

He wasn't talking about me, but of a person he actually knew... but it still struck me.

I'm thankful that he was worthy to have been called as an Apostle, that Heavenly Father was able to use him to bless His children. That he was truly called of God.

When I heard that he had died, I was sad for a short moment, but was also happy because he'll be in the present of Heavenly Father, his own family who had past on, and everyone else

I know that whoever replaces Perry's and Packer's will be called of God, that we don't need to worry who they will call, because it isn't the "who" it's God who choose, by revelation they are called.

 Article of faith 5 " We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof."

There's this video which I love, and it's from a talk given by Elder L Tom Perry. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Endure to the end, stay strong in the Gospel and you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment