Thursday, October 13, 2011

Life trials, brings out our strengths

Dear readers, whoever you might be..

I been thinking of trials lately and how can they bring out our strengths?, trials can be short term and long term, I have had both and I'm sure all of you have had them as well, if not then how could we be human?, we were  all choice spirits in Heaven were we lived with our Father and his son. We begged to come to earth to receive our mortal bodies.. we knew when we came to earth there would be trials facing us, we knew we would struggle, but we still begged for the bodies, we wanted to be like our Heavenly Father and his son.. I can see myself  being there as a choice spirit begging and crying for my body, I knew when I came to earth I would have the trials I do now, learning  disabilities and Aspager's.. etc.
let look at short term trials.. and this is just an example  when I was doing trek this year, by the 2nd day I had seven or eight blisters.. and my feet were in so much pain that I could not finish the last couple of miles for that day, I was driven to base camp,  later that night when I was in my tent.. I begged to my Heavenly Father that I would be able to finish the trek strong in the morning.. I woke up and tired standing in the tent.. I about fell down.. I forced myself to get up, after getting some breakfast I headed to my family and company, our company was the first to start trekking, my feet hurt for the first half of a mile, then I was able to keep up with my family... it was a testimony builder for prayer.

Long term example: Having Aspager's and growing up.. I was friendless for fifteen years, it was very hard for me,  I felt alone all the time, did anyone even love me?...  but that has taught me something that is my strength from this trial, it's being there for anyone I know what it feels like to be alone, the outcast, I don't want anyone to feel that way, I'll be a true friend, like all the friends I have made over the years.
At times.. I have those bad days and think I'm all alone.. D&C: 121-7-9 is one of my favorite scripture


 7:My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

 8: And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

 9:Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.
I feel much love and peace from my Heavenly Father when I read this.. remember readers... Endure to the end, stay strong, and you won't regret it




2 comments:

  1. This was really Nice reading man! That is also one of my favorite scriptures!! keep up the good work! I'll always love ya!
    -Nathan Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan!, so glad to know you liked it.. you're an amazing person, so glad we were at efy together

    ReplyDelete